In the past months, Democratic Socialists of America has mobilized to end the Israeli siege on Gaza and its illegal, US-funded occupation of Palestine. Panelists discussed this resurgence of a Left anti-war movement in the context of the climate crisis and explore how ecosocialist organizers can deepen internationalism and anti-militarism within domestic climate organizing. Palestinian liberation is central to the climate justice movement—and why demilitarization is not only socially necessary, but a requirement for meeting climate and environmental goals.
- Ashik Siddique: Co-Chair, Democratic Socialists of America
- Batul Hassan: Green New Deal Campaign Commission, NYC-DSA
- Patrick Bigger: Research Director, Climate and Community Project
- Zena Agha: Policy Analyst, Al-Shabaka: The Palestinian Policy Network
- Ruth Boyajian: Dissenters, Georgia State University
A recording of the panel was emailed to registrants..